For anyone in the beauty industry (or any industry) social media is a great way to build brand awareness and gain new business, but creating your social media accounts is just the first step.
The big question you should be asking is- “What’s my social media plan?”
Creating a successful social media plan should focus on more than just content. Your plan should revolve around creating a connection with the right audience that will help build engagement.
So where should you start? Here are a few tips to help you create a successful social media plan…
- Know Your Target Audience
- Do you know who you should be creating a plan for? Knowing your target audience is so important when creating your social media plan. These are the people that you want to build a relationship with. These are the people that you want engaging with your social media pages. These are the people that you want as your clients.
- Establish Your Goals
- Knowing what you want to accomplish with social media will help you create your content. You should strive to engage and educate, share your work, and build a reputation with your audience. It’s helpful to research your target audiences social media behaviors in order to find out what your goals should be.
- Create A Content Strategy
- The kind of content you produce for your audience should reflect the social media goals you have established. It’s important to remember that your content strategy should focus on quality over quantity. You don’t want your content to become irrelevant to your audience. Your content should show that you are an expert in your industry. It should be a reflection of who you are as a business owner and what you can bring to your clients that is beneficial.
- Be Consistent
- Consistency is key. Having a publishing process can help you maintain consistency with your social media content. When researching your target audience, take some time to figure out how often you should post content and make a plan to keep it consistent. Being consistent allows you to measure your social media success and build a relationship with your target audience. When people are continuing to engage with your content, they will begin to expect it from you. If you stop posting or are inconsistent with posting, your audience may find you to be unreliable.
- Measure your Performance
- You will want to keep track of your social media analytics so that you can make necessary changes to your plan. You will be able to find what content is working and what content is irrelevant to your audience. Replicate the successful content so that it is fresh and interesting. If you aren’t familiar with what you should be looking at in your analytics, you can research what is most helpful based on your established goals.